Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*

Go down 
+2
Devastating
RetulVonAmora
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* Empty
PostSubject: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:25 pm

*Update: MDH has kindly informed me the game is not relient on RPG maker VX Very Happy!*

Latest Release:"Influx" version 0.3 (9/06/2010)

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4d5chdochy47a2x

Aiya I've decided that i'll let everyone here try the demo since your all great friends and all. Only 2 other people outside of this site are getting to try it out. ~_~

So ya in this thread I'll be updating you guys on the progress and *hopefully not* fixing any bugs that you guys post. Please give comments and report to me any bugs via post In the discussion thread or pm. Just enter a path and extract. Again lemme know if you find any bugs.

Post bugs, Comments, and Suggestions, here

Last edited by RetulVonAmora on Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:21 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh yes and too calm everyone this is quoted from the sites faq

"Is it possible to release (distribute and sell) games I make with RPG MAKER VX?

Yes. However, please be aware that any information or materials in your game that violate or infringe the copyrights or publicity rights of any third party, or are defamatory, may result in legal action against you. We shall not be held responsible for any issues, regardless of the content, that occur as a result of the release of your game. You shall accept sole responsibility for the release of your game."

My game has all "stock" items that came from the program itself with the exception of the title screen of which I created using a photo editing software. My releasing of a link to the DL of this game is entirely up to dev and I leave him and tatsuya to decide on the issue.
Back to top Go down
Devastating
Admin
Admin
Devastating

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:28 am

Its Ok mate...Go ahead an post your Game here.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 6:34 am

Thanky ya kindly dev good

Here is the first *demo* prerelease demo. Also known as Vole's Island. ~_~

Also since this site hates megaupload links. I sadly am uploading them to mediafire.

Influx Version 0.0
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?cj3l7j3zpp7zpsn

Last edited by RetulVonAmora on Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:48 pm

RetulVonAmora wrote:
Also since this site hates megaupload links. I sadly am uploading them to mediafire.

Did you know that MegaUpload takes whatever you upload to their site as their own property?

Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 9:09 pm

No sir I did not know that... hmmmm give up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:12 am

Alright, I played it for the 2 spare minutes I had and here are some of my thoughts:
I quite like the style of the game, the graphics are nice and I enjoy the peaceful music tracks.
The main characters looks, strange, but then again I have seen much stranger (e.g. that dude from FF 10 that is the bad guy).

I obviously can't say much, but I liked that time I put into it. Also, for some odd reason or another, I cannot find the chest :(.
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:43 am

I'll take a look at the game when i can, atm i'm fairly busy.
Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:22 pm

First, Grov, the chest looks like a wooden box. Might be the issue for you. Second, I'm gonna list anything I find.

1. When you enter the town you don't appear on the path, you appear on the fence three squares from the left of the path.
2. The Double Attack skill is over powered without any many cost. At this point, you might as well make Double attack the default attack option since there's no point to attack the way it is now.
3. Just hit level four, and same with Dual Attack as with Double Attack.
4. No point to set save points, like the quill and paper, since you can save anywhere. I'm assuming you want the save anywhere disabled.
5. Not sure about this one but, you can walk on the purple crystals pass where the rock was blocking you. Not sure if this is intentional.
6. You can't sell your starting gear, and since you can get multiples of the shield, this is an issue. Not sure about the sword and armor but I did get an extra rusted shield dropped.
7. You spelled fight wrong at the end of demo message. OK, I'm just being an ass with this one. >.<

Wasn't able to test a few of the items like the Magic Water, since I wasted no MP, the Spark scroll and Elixir, since I didn't have the funds to afford them.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 2:37 pm

Ah yes thanks to all who are playing it.

Govey not to worry that "chest" was before I found the better chests animations. It has been replaced now and will be much easier to find in the next release. Sorry about that Embarassed

Now gamegeeks a shout out to you for the post. I can answer about some of them.

About:

1. I have fixed this annoying bug. Just a misplaced gps transfer code. It won't be in the next update Very Happy.

2. Well there actually is a reason for that. But i'm not gonna spoil the secret as to why. Let's just say enjoy it while it lasts :pirat: .

3. Same as 2

4. Ah yes I do suppose it is a meaningless function, I'll fix that up ASAP and stop the save anywhere deal.

5. You found my secret glitch. *albiet not so secret XD* Yes that was entirely intentional. I may remove it on a later update as it seems unnecessary.

6. This is because the starter gear is priced at 0 gold. The armour plays a special role later. As for the second shield. I'm working on removing that now whew *update!: Shield gltich fixed*

and 7. Oh geez totally missed that don\'t want . It shan't be a problem later though. *Fixed*

Thanks again guys RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* Onegai. I should be releasing the next part soon. *All fixes stated here will appear in that release*

Last edited by RetulVonAmora on Thu Aug 26, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:19 pm

Glad I could help. That's all I caught. Been a while since I've played a game made with RPG Maker. Also, the main char's avatar looks familiar. Also, you may want to work on the Start menu text. It just looks like text was placed over a background. Though that should be one of the last things you worry about.
Back to top Go down
Ryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Ryu

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:54 am

RetulVonAmora wrote:

2. Well there actually is a reason for that. But i'm not gonna spoil the secret as to why. Let's just say enjoy it while it lasts :pirat: .
I like the idea.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 8:41 pm

6 hours 47 minutes of straight work allowed me to say. The next release is out. Vole's Island is expanded and a new quest XD.

All prevoius bugs should no longer exist. You cannot save anywhere anymore, (haha you must use that quill and paper Twisted Evil ). The beginner armour is now sellable for 1 gold. And my secret glitch has been removed.

So without further ado: "Influx" version 0.2

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?ynqiupdwvhchgxc
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Version 0.3   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 4:23 pm

Yay a new release from me to you. :pirat:

Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/?4d5chdochy47a2x

Edits:

Enemy and boss HP altered. Item prices changed. New place to see, fixed bugs.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* EmptyFri Jan 03, 2020 12:30 pm

Shame all the files to this have been lost to the annals of time...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*   RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx* Empty

Back to top Go down

RA's game "Sonata of the Damned" *a.k.a Influx*
Page 1 of 1