Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! Empty
PostSubject: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 pm

Hydrogen!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAMjThFnsK8

(However, they aren't the actual inventors of hydrogen powered cars, they only claim they are.)

http://www.alternative-energy-resources.net/hydrogenfuelcar.html

-What are your thoughts?-

Tec, Peace Out.~
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:14 pm

Ah yes the Hydrogen powered automotive. It is a great idea..
xcept for the method of building these new automotives means changing most assemply lines wasting millions of dollars and material.

and with the addition of the electric car a hydrogen powered engine seems to be only necessary as a backup in case of a "cloudy day".
I could definetly see hydrogen as a backup power source anyday.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:09 pm

RetulVonAmora wrote:
Ah yes the Hydrogen powered automotive. It is a great idea..
xcept for the method of building these new automotives means changing most assemply lines wasting millions of dollars and material.

and with the addition of the electric car a hydrogen powered engine seems to be only necessary as a backup in case of a "cloudy day".
I could definetly see hydrogen as a backup power source anyday.

I'm not trying to be disagreeable, but you have to look at this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rb_rDkwGnU

There's also a car shop in the US that will convert your car from Gas to Water for an average of $10,000, but I couldn't find a link without a great deal of effort.

Also,

Water powered cars produce *SO* much HP that the actual frame of the cars have to reinforced to hold up to the extra power.

Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:39 pm

Meh, with fast foods the way they are we could just take the left over cooking oil and run cars on that.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:13 pm

GameGeeks wrote:
Meh, with fast foods the way they are we could just take the left over cooking oil and run cars on that.

Yeah, converters for those are cheaper and easier to get, but with the exception of it's drawbacks, cooking oil isn't that great.

For those who are in colder climates or experience any icy conditions some time in the year the vegetable oil will actually freeze inside the motor and gas tank.

For those who live in generally warmer climates this will not happen. However, because the cooking oil takes a higher amount of heat to make combustion the engine will over heat and over exhaust itself trying to run on the stuff. Also, the plastic tubes inside the rods that go to the fuel injectors cannot stand up to ethanol-like substances and slowly corrode over time.

I'm not trying to argue points here. I personally hate it when I say something and someone else has to say something completely different just to disagree with me.

The reason for this thread is to make you guys think.

Imagine a day in the future, having a bucket inside your car for fuel. If you *EVER* run low, the only thing you have to do is pull over to a gas station, walk into the restroom and refuel for free.

That could save *BILLIONS* of dollars in the US alone.

Amazing huh?

Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:29 pm

Your just being defensive, I was being sarcastic. Besides if you post a discussion topic you can't expect everyone to agree with you. That's not how it works. As for the vegetable oil freezing, gas isn't immune to the cold. It's a serious issue in places like Alaska. Gas tends to gel instead of freeze due to all the chemicals that make it up having different freezing points. This causes other issues other then simply freezing.

As for your idea on free fuel, yes it'd save billions, but you'd lose jobs that the gas station would provide. Without gas they'd go out of business since gas is it's main source of income. Otherwise they'd be cheap convenience stores and chances are you could fine someplace to fill a bucket up besides those. That'd hurt the economy.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 6:55 pm

GameGeeks wrote:
Your just being defensive, I was being sarcastic. Besides if you post a discussion topic you can't expect everyone to agree with you. That's not how it works. As for the vegetable oil freezing, gas isn't immune to the cold. It's a serious issue in places like Alaska. Gas tends to gel instead of freeze due to all the chemicals that make it up having different freezing points. This causes other issues other then simply freezing.

As for your idea on free fuel, yes it'd save billions, but you'd lose jobs that the gas station would provide. Without gas they'd go out of business since gas is it's main source of income. Otherwise they'd be cheap convenience stores and chances are you could fine someplace to fill a bucket up besides those. That'd hurt the economy.

Nope, not being defensive at all - you just don't like others opinions. How can everyone not agree with me? This thread is as simple as saying, "cancer is a bad thing." Yeah, sure some won't agree with me, but we have special institutes for those people to wear white jackets and eat glue.

As far as gasoline freezing...

Oh No!!! Huge Dilemma!

http://www.faqs.org/qa/qa-11283.html

&

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=i5S&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&defl=en&q=define:Coldest+place+on+earth&sa=X&ei=18yuTMjRPIG8lQf4reTmDw&ved=0CBIQkAE

Oh wait, problem solved, next.

As far as gas stations go...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23904590/

Oh look, crisis diverted.

Unsuccessful Troll, Unsuccessful.

Peace, My Friend.

Back to top Go down
Weagles_Fan
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Weagles_Fan

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am

Tecseiryu wrote:
That could save *BILLIONS* of dollars in the US alone.

And that right there is the reason it won't happen. The fat cats would miss out on their cut of the money that comes from oil.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!   Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world! Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheapest, cleanest, and most abundant fuel in the world!
Page 1 of 1