Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

Anything i can do to help?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

Anything i can do to help? Empty
PostSubject: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:07 am

I have alot of experience in this subject, if i can help you with it, or anyone else for that matter, post your worries here and we can all try and help.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 2:43 pm

Tatsuya, how do you reach out to others to see if they share they same faith as you?

Also*

If they don't how do you feel about them?
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 12:15 am

In the case of learning other's faith, the best way is to just sit down, and ask them what they believe, no other way tends to work well.

I generally don't care what other people believe myself, as long as they aren't nay-theists or anti-theism.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:53 pm

How do you get around the "anti nay-nest" if repeatedly confronted?

For an example, if someone keeps getting confrontational and contrary to everything you say without stop.

What would you do to get around this to stop them and talk sense into them?
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 12:26 am

Tecseiryu wrote:

For an example, if someone keeps getting confrontational and contrary to everything you say without stop.

I'm not sure what your saying, a nay-thiest is a person who knows there's a god or some form of diety, and refuses them out of spite or pride, an anti-thiest is exactly what it sounds like, someone who hates any and all religion, and wants to see it destroyed, as well as it's followers usually.

If your asking about how to get around anti-theists, the best thing to do is walk away, they want confrontation usually and will attack anything you do, even if you intend to hand them an olive branch.

If you mean nay-theists, avoid them, they have their own motives for doing what they do.

If you mean anti-athiests, well this comes down to alot of factors, first off, depending on their religion, they generally should not be trying to convert you, as very few religions enforce forced conversion, no matter what the vatican did in the inquisition, it is not considered moral in christian, jewish, hindu and buddhist teachings, i cannot quote on other religions since i haven't read their texts in a while.
Anyway if they still pursist, it's best to just avoid them if possible, if not, generally just nod and wave.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 am

tatsuya wrote:
Tecseiryu wrote:

I'm not sure what your saying, a nay-thiest is a person who knows there's a god or some form of diety, and refuses them out of spite or pride, an anti-thiest is exactly what it sounds like, someone who hates any and all religion, and wants to see it destroyed, as well as it's followers usually.

If your asking about how to get around anti-theists, the best thing to do is walk away, they want confrontation usually and will attack anything you do, even if you intend to hand them an olive branch.

If you mean nay-theists, avoid them, they have their own motives for doing what they do.

If you mean anti-athiests, well this comes down to alot of factors, first off, depending on their religion, they generally should not be trying to convert you, as very few religions enforce forced conversion, no matter what the vatican did in the inquisition, it is not considered moral in christian, jewish, hindu and buddhist teachings, i cannot quote on other religions since i haven't read their texts in a while.
Anyway if they still pursist, it's best to just avoid them if possible, if not, generally just nod and wave.

Thank you, that is very good advice.

I would rep. you for it, but I think you honestly wouldn't care one way or another.

My position is this:

I feel as though this world is full of hostility. I know that no one out there will ever share the exact same beliefs as me, but in order to have something in common, to truly have a friend in this world (which I've yet to have), there needs to be a middle ground.

It seems as though everyone in the world feels vulnerable about his or her beliefs, and will go on an offensive if they feel their beliefs are threatened. I just want to break down this wall of insecurity to have one or maybe two friends in the world. It seems as though I can't do this without having to bend and break to their beliefs.

[Ex. To be friends with anyone, I have to support this, or I have to hate that, or I have to compromise what I feel to even be able to communicate with any person.]

What is your advice on what I should do about this?
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:51 am

The best way to get around that is to just not discuss your beliefs with them, as well as not discuss their's as well, if a person cannot agree to disagree, then they will never be able to come to an agreement, let alone a friendship.

I know this works, you can ask the people i speak to XD.
Back to top Go down
Griever
Global Moderator
Griever

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 7:40 am

i second that ^^
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 1:37 am

Man, anti-theism is *TOO* popular.

I used to watch the political news channel TYT on youtube, but that Idiot cenk only spends his time slamming people for believing in God or a God or Gods.

I think it's funny how he misquotes the Bible, then turns around and says, "How can people believe in that!? It doesn't make sense!!"

How can he believe in Obama? We know Obama is an idiot, and he only lies, but cenk will attempt to tear down people with sound reasoning?

Sorry for the rant.

I'm just sick and tired of people saying theists are idiots.
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 11:01 am

Tecseiryu wrote:

Man, anti-theism is *TOO* popular.

I used to watch the political news channel TYT on youtube, but that Idiot cenk only spends his time slamming people for believing in God or a God or Gods.

I think it's funny how he misquotes the Bible, then turns around and says, "How can people believe in that!? It doesn't make sense!!"

How can he believe in Obama? We know Obama is an idiot, and he only lies, but cenk will attempt to tear down people with sound reasoning?

Sorry for the rant.

I'm just sick and tired of people saying theists are idiots.

To be fair, they are the very definition of idiots, just as much as anyone who thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong is.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:43 pm

Are you inclined to openly discuss more of your religious beliefs?
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Tecseiryu wrote:

Are you inclined to openly discuss more of your religious beliefs?
Not alot to discuss, but sure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anything i can do to help?   Anything i can do to help? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anything i can do to help?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Corner :: Deeper Thoughts :: Spirituality-
Jump to: