Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

Tell us something about yourself.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

Tell us something about yourself. Empty
PostSubject: Tell us something about yourself.   Tell us something about yourself. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:45 am

As dumb as this may seem everyones' life has meaning and affect on others' lives.

Some of you must be thinking, "I don't believe in creationism, and I don't believe in some supreme being that brings purpose to our lives. The belief of Evolution does not have a philosophical way of living and treating others, as the people who believe in creationism believe."

In this case evolution does not dictate which of us are superior and which of us aren't. It's up to us to determine our own roles in life; that is, if life is only about living and survival. However, evolution has still put us all together in this world. We can ignore each other's existence and say, "The way others live does not concern me, I refuse to learn from the lives of others." Or we can observe the lives of others and grow as individuals - learning from their success and mistakes.

We, no matter who we are, have room to grow as individuals. We have strengths and weaknesses, but we all must grow. Maturity is survival.

It has long been said that history is damned to repeat itself. I believe that this is true, but only for those who refuse to learn from others' mistakes. Consider the issue of terrorism. Soldiers are finding more and more that the terrorists they are fighting against are using the very same weapons that the US sold them. Countless solders lost their lives to the very weapons that only US solders hands' were suppose to possess. This also happened in Desert Storm. (Maybe even countless other times in US history, but those pages have been ripped out, never to be looked at again.)

This type of unchanging mentality is the downfall of the US. Not just in the US, though, but in it's population, and every population around the world.

So are we going to grow and survive, or stay the same and die?

While maturity is survival is it also perfection?

In life we learn that nothing is perfect. We learn that there is nothing that has ever been created that we can call "perfect" or "flawless." So like St. Nick, or the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth fairy, we have made a label for something that doesn't exist, but for the simple purpose of amusing children.

True perfectionism, in the Greek definition, means "maturity." After living a full life, one learns to observe before making decisions. One also learns to listen rather than or before speaking. This is true maturity or "perfection."

This is why we all need to take the lives of others into consideration. Rather than dismissing the person who pulls out in front of you, while driving, as an idiot, consider his or her actions. Think about why he or she has done that, about that person's life - a life that is probably filled with hasty decisions. Then, think about your own assumptions. What does it say about you in retrospect? Where you too quick to label or judge that person? We need to take other lives into consideration. We need to accept that there are others in the world. The other people in the world have both successes and failures. This is why it is important that we are observant to the lives of others.

See? We *ALL* (including myself), need to grow, we all must learn from others.

Let's start here, post something about yourself here that you feel others should know, experiences, life advice, something that you feel someone just like yourself should know, to better their life.

Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Tell us something about yourself.   Tell us something about yourself. EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 8:56 am

Don't piss off the creator, that's my advice.

Of course if you don't believe in him, then disregard this.
Back to top Go down
Griever
Global Moderator
Griever

PostSubject: Re: Tell us something about yourself.   Tell us something about yourself. EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:26 am

Be benevolent, even when others treat you like shit, in the end you will receive your just reward.

Fight, not out of anger, but for those you love, that is the only true way to ensure safety and happiness upon them.
By reading that you can probably guess what kind of person I am, if you want to know more well then become my friend....or at least pm me.
Back to top Go down
Psikyo Fox
Forum Master
Forum Master
Psikyo Fox

PostSubject: Re: Tell us something about yourself.   Tell us something about yourself. EmptySun Jul 15, 2012 8:31 am

I dont know what you want to know about me, but im open to questions so feel free to ask. Very Happy

So i guess ill just throw out the basics for now ...

1. I am a minimalist, so burglars would be disappointed if they broke into my house as i travel VERY light.

2. Contrary to popular belief, im pretty easy going. I never bite unless people really push my buttons.

3. I like interacting with people online, but offline i prefer to play alone.

4. I hate driving.

5. I like to rile-up people just to see what happens. Very Happy

Right, i cant think of anything else because my life is soooo fucking boring 99% of the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell us something about yourself.   Tell us something about yourself. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell us something about yourself.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Corner :: Deeper Thoughts :: Culture-
Jump to: