Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

USENET

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

USENET Empty
PostSubject: USENET   USENET EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:16 pm

I found this very interesting and thought that you guys would like to read this.

Source taken from: *****************************

USENET Newsgroups Complete FAQ

One of the easiest ways to gain acccess to almost unimaginable quantities of ISOs for various platforms is to use the USENET Newsgroups. Most people think of newsgroups as alt.binaries.erotica... but it is MUCH more than that. You can literally get 2-3 complete working ISOs on any given evening. "How do I do this", you say? Well, first thing is, you can't be lazy and/or stupid. This is not something that is as easy as clicking a link, as it requires you to actually do a bit of work to be productive. But nothing comes easy, so here are the details.

The short story is the USENET Newsgroups are very similar to a forum, with threaded discussions. These postings support attachments, and this is where the binary files come in. Using these small (20 to 50 MB per thread) attachments in postings, you can download and assemble a full ISO easily. One of the nice parts about how newsgroups are used is the PAR2 file. Using the PAR2 files, you can actually be missing a couple of attachments and still reassemble the ISO completely. The par files are PARITY, which error checks and repairs the final file. Without going into too much detail, just remember they work, so use them.

What you need:
****************************] There are other newsreaders out there, but seems to be the easiest one I have found. Using **********, you can "read" the newsgroup by showing the file attachments. NOTE: postings on a newsgroup are obviously broken up into many parts. The general rule is the parts are numbered sequentially with the part number a / and the total parts of the ISO. Example: someISO.rar(30/65)

Read this: ********************************

Now, you gotta find a newsgroup to piddle around in. Might not hurt to actually read a bit about what it is that you will be visiting so much.**********************Slyck's Beginner's Guide to Newsgroups[/url] and you will need to find a news server. Most ISP's offer thier member access to a news server. They are generally something like netnews.yourisp.com or the like. If your ISP doesn't offer a server, you can check ******************* I can't verify the servers listed, but they look authentic, and support binary groups.

Before you download anything, make sure you *************************. Again, will save you from wasting your time on a download that you have missed one 20MB chunk of. I personally have repaired an ISO I was missing two 50MB parts of. Just make sure you use it. When an ISO is posted, all the different pieces are posted, then the last few posts are the PAR2 files. Don't be impatient and run off with your ISO and say "eh...it looks good to me." The PAR2 files are generally small and well worth the download.

Read this: ******************

You got your ISO and you think "Sweet! I wanna post too!" (You should.) Cool. To do this you need, you can select the various files you want to post to a group, encode the PAR2 files, and post in one easy application. The PowerPost2000A&A Tutorial is so self explanitory and easy to do, I won't bother wasting your time blabbering about it here. (If the link makes you agree to access that particular forum, just say OK.)

has a nice search function, you can find whatever it is you are looking for.

-Sorry for posting links to another forum, I just didn't feel right about not giving credit were credit is due.-

Tec, Peace Out.~

Last edited by tatsuya on Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Sorry, better safe than sorry)
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:32 pm

I would say this is worth it, if it was free, as this is a paid service, imo it's simply not worth bothering with.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:42 pm

Yeah I've seen/dealt with USEnet before. Never did use it though even with the "free trials".
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:12 am

tatsuya wrote:
I would say this is worth it, if it was free, as this is a paid service, imo it's simply not worth bothering with.

It's not free??

*Dangit*

Didn't know that.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:47 am

Yeah it likes to hide that little fact quite nicely luring you into a false state of security and building your hopes up.
Back to top Go down

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:27 pm

Most people told me usenet used to be the premiere way to pirate the latest games, movies, music, etc. But honestly everything has gone to torrents and forums now. So, no use in using it, unless you want to fork over the cash.

~Govey~
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:01 am

Sorry guys, probably best i close this thread, considering it's delving into piracy.

Deleted any links and such from the OP, don't wanna get shut down guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

USENET Empty
PostSubject: Re: USENET   USENET Empty

Back to top Go down

USENET
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Corner :: Gaming Discussions :: PC and Technical Support-
Jump to: