Gamers Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Ultimate Fun Discussion Site

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Check Out Our Brand New Sports Site Here.http://fuckyeahsports.com/index.php?action=forum

Site Suggestions...

Go down 
+8
Griever
tornadojoe
DreamerVerX
GameGeeks
RetulVonAmora
Devastating
tatsuya
Tecseiryu
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

Site Suggestions... Empty
PostSubject: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:13 am

Somebody has to break the ice, LoL...

First of all, I know how aggravating it is to get a bunch of suggestions for your site that you really don't want to make.

So, I'm sympathetic for you guys.

My girlfriend's forum has a lot of people who wants crazy stuff to be done, before they consider joining.

And I mean stupid, crazy stuff.

(Ex. They wanted my title to be changed from "Hacker for You" to "PC Ninja." Because "Hacker" is an intimidating term... Even though a Ninja is an assassin, but whatever.)

But also, I know that you guys want cool suggestions that you didn't think of.

Here are some things taken from my girlfriend's forum that you guys should consider adding to this site:

General, random, and a live chat threads would be great (a live chat thread is like IMing, but it's asynchronous.)

A sub forum named "tech. section," for discussion of networking, hardware, software, programming, tech. general chat, and the latest tech. news.

A sub forum named "deeper thoughts," for discussion of mindful thoughts (a place for intellectual conversation), politics, cultures of the world, religion, philosophy, and spirituality (with elitism being punishable by permaban).

And maybe a "Help" section, but that's up to guys, as everything else I've posted, LoL.

Well, that's pretty much it.

Hope you guys will at least take my suggestions into consideration.

Tec, Peace Out.~
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:41 am

Most of these i don't have a problem with, outside of the IM thread and a religious section.

The im thread to me at least seems kind of moot, as we have the chatbox, however this isn't my call, well that and i don't know how to do it.

The religious section, ho boy where do i begin, ever been to a site like gametrailers or pretty much any site that has religion involved in any way?
It seems easier to just have a athiests bashing thiests and thiests bashing athiests section to me.

However i'm just co admin, if dev wants to do either of these, then i won't complain, but most of them sound like good ideas to me.
Back to top Go down
Devastating
Admin
Admin
Devastating

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 9:10 am

I think most of them ideas are pretty Good ..Thanks Tec

Although We wont have a Live chat becaue we already have the Chat box whitch is virtually the same thing..But everything else seems pretty Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:17 pm

How about a cover site? You guys could use sites.google.com or weebly.com

Both are free of charge, and have free hosting. (The catch is whatever material you upload, becomes their property.)

But I'm pretty sure Forumsmotion is the same way.

It's up to you guys.

Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:49 am

I've got an idea Razz

How about a "venting" thread/ rant thread for people who need to type out their anger.
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:16 am

Tecseiryu wrote:

How about a cover site? You guys could use sites.google.com or weebly.com

Both are free of charge, and have free hosting. (The catch is whatever material you upload, becomes their property.)

But I'm pretty sure Forumsmotion is the same way.

It's up to you guys.

No real need, i'd say.
RetulVonAmora wrote:
I've got an idea Razz

How about a "venting" thread/ rant thread for people who need to type out their anger.

Not sure if that would be a good idea, i'm sure it would only be a few hours before someone would make a flame post.
Back to top Go down
RetulVonAmora
Forum Master
Forum Master
RetulVonAmora

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 7:19 am

Ah yeah didn't think of that
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 8:14 am

How about a sub-forum media section instead of just sports?

It could have News, Tv, Movies, Music, and then Sports.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 1:03 pm

Some guy is trying to argue with me over the name of Oblivion IV on coolROM.

Yep, I *REALLY* like the idea of this site being invite only... There's too many idiots in the world.
Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:14 pm

How can you argue about a game name? It's pretty much set in stone, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. And setting this site to invite only is a bad idea since it'd kill any chance of this site growing.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:18 pm

GameGeeks wrote:
How can you argue about a game name? It's pretty much set in stone, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. And setting this site to invite only is a bad idea since it'd kill any chance of this site growing.

You're right it is what it is. Oblivion IV.

I completely agree with the invite only, but if you disagree with it you have to talk to admin about it.
Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 pm

Wait, are you saying the title is Oblivion IV? That's not the title, and most people I know refer to it as simply Oblivion or TESIV. And as far as I'm aware the site isn't set to invite only.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 pm

GameGeeks wrote:
Wait, are you saying the title is Oblivion IV? That's not the title, and most people I know refer to it as simply Oblivion or TESIV. And as far as I'm aware the site isn't set to invite only.

TES: IV, TES: Oblivion, TES IV: Oblvion, Oblivion GOTY, or Oblivion 4 these titles are all regional.

Correctly put, the actual pronunciation is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, that is true.

However, like every game a game is dubbed by the gamers who play it.

The regional titles come from many gamers (like myself) who have no background with the TES series. The players that see "Oblivion" on the cover automatically then deem the game "Oblivion IV," Because they see "The Elder Scrolls" at the top of the title and do not want to take such a long time to pronounce such a long title.

For someone to set and argue over something so trivial is stupid. (And I know you're not, I'm talking about 0n1n3)

ESPECIALLY when I provide evidence from the official site that what I'm saying is true.

Also, yeah, this site is invite only. We're hoping to keep the idiots out.

Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:51 pm

While I get what you're saying the only thing I don't get is the IV. Makes it seem like there where three previous Oblivion games.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 6:29 pm

I know, but a lot of others (not including myself) have called this game Oblivion IV, too. When I first picked it up I remember hearing about The Elder Scrolls III (back then I thought was The Elder Scrolls of Morrowind: III, my mistake).

So I never wanted to take the time to pronounce "The Elder Scrolls of Morrowind IV: Oblivion" (even though that was also a wrong pronunciation, too. But I didn't know better, then either). So I would just say Oblivion IV.

I would then hear people talk about Oblivion and call it Oblivion IV, thinking that was the politically correct thing to say, I would also call it that (to keep myself from looking stupid).

It as well as any other game or thing's pronunciation varies from person to person. However, whenever I call it Oblivion 4 someone might stop and try to correct me (Idiot Newbies like 0n1n3), but they know EXACTLY which game I am referring to, which defeats their own argument.

Which is, "You're an idiot! Only idiots will know what you're talking about when you pronounce it that way!" My reaction is, " You did, didn't you?"

To me, pronunciation is like a style, taste, color, music, food, or whatever other preference there is in the world. It's just a personal preference. That's it. Me calling someone down over how they pronounce something, would be like you or any other person telling people how they should dress, act, or feel.

I've learned from EF that there are Idiots in the world that have their own beliefs. When they have those baseless, illogical conclusions they want everyone to think that they are right. When they think someone else doesn't think they're right, they want to fly off the handle and act like babies (pure elitism).

I have my own way of pronouncing, thinking, dressing, conduct, diet, or whatever, but I also NEVER choose to tell others how to live their lives. Especially when it comes to something like this.
Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:03 am

Gonna end this here since we're way off topic at this point.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:06 am

I don't think this is an argument of some sort, really.

I believe that mature individuals can have opposing points, and still walk away with respect for each other.

Back to top Go down
GameGeeks

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:14 am

I didn't say it was an agrument, just said we were getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

Meh, normal forum rules doesn't apply here.

Just relax, and kickback. Everything's fine.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:57 pm

I was hoping for a graphics/art section where people can post anything art related, whether they want to post things they made like art, music, poems, etc. and/or discussing art. I think it's something general every forum should have.
Back to top Go down
Tecseiryu
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
Tecseiryu

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 7:11 pm

A Science section would be AWESOME.

You could put it in the deeper thoughts category, if ya' wanted to.
Back to top Go down
tatsuya
Resident Jerkass Snarker
Resident Jerkass Snarker
tatsuya

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:08 am

Tecseiryu wrote:

If coolrom is any indication, it will turn into a war against religion section, thus any discussion on religion is not allowed.
Back to top Go down
Devastating
Admin
Admin
Devastating

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 4:42 am

Tecseiryu wrote:

The Science section has now been made. Site Suggestions... 273434
Back to top Go down
DreamerVerX
Forum Regular
Forum Regular
DreamerVerX

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 am

There is no general discussion forum where you can talk about random things.

I am sure that we need one.
Back to top Go down
tornadojoe
tornadojoe

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 4:40 pm

I think it would be nice if there was a NEW POSTS link on the home page...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Suggestions...   Site Suggestions... Empty

Back to top Go down

Site Suggestions...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gamers Corner :: Site Feedback+Ideas :: Feedback and Ideas.-
Jump to: